Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nine Months!

Yesterday, Jackson hit the 9 month mark! Has it really been 9 months?! Sometimes I think time is flying and other times I feel like I don't remember what it was like to not have him in my life. Thankfully, no shots were involved. I do have to say that I was quite impressed with my son. He had the finger prick this time instead of shots. He didn't cry at all. He just watched the girl squeeze the blood out of his finger like a champ - curiously checking out what she was doing. He was AWESOME! Here are his stats:

Weight: 21 lbs, 10 oz
Length: 29 inches

The doctor was quite pleased with his growth. In fact, we have to start scaling back on the formula (YEAH!).

Another update - He has learned how to sit up from laying down. It has been the source of much frustration the last few weeks. He would end up on his belly and not know how to get back up and sit down. He's finally figured out to balance on his knees, back up and sit down. It's the small things sometimes that can be the most exciting. He is quite proud of himself (and so am I). He also has started doing planks - pushing up on to his toes and picking up his hips. It's the funniest thing. Sometimes it ends up looking like yoga - a downward dog move with his little butt in the air. I barely caught it on video yesterday... It's not quite the yoga move that it has looked like, but you get the idea - very funny.

Downward Dog from Heather Gray on Vimeo.


Stay tuned for another post about our day today. It calls for it's own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment