Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our Weekend


This weekend we had the opportunity to go to barrel races. I have never been to anything like this and I used to ride horses when I was younger. My friend's daughter, father, and niece were competing. I have to say that I was a little concerned about taking Jackson - whether it was going to be too hot, what kind of situation it was going to be to sit down and haul all the stuff around.... and whether or not Jackson would last very long without a very good nap. The races started in the morning. Thankfully, he slept on the way there for a good forty minutes... not normally long enough for a morning nap. But, we went with it. Unfortunately, I missed seeing my friend's daughter ride. It turned out fantastic! Jackson loved seeing the horses and tractors. The weather was overcast and not too hot. It was under a nice shelter where picnic tables were set up, fans were running, and there was plenty of room to spread out. He watched in awe as they horses ran around. I think he was more amazed by the tractors that came through every so often. My friends and I took Jackson to the stables with all the horses. He was so excited - he was reaching with no fear. I am not sure if that's good or bad! It was definitely cute. My friend got some pictures with the horse. I will have to wait for her to email them to me. After much playing and watching, Jackson sacked out in my lap amidst the loud announcers and music. After that, I drove back to Easley and had lunch with my friends. He got a little antsy at lunch, but did beautifully considering the lack of sleep. When we got home, it wasn't an hour later that he was passed out cold for a sizable afternoon nap. The only thing missing from the day was Justin - he was working. Here are some pictures of the morning.


Today, we enjoyed another swim at the neighbor's (Tim & Sue) house. Jackson was quite taken with Sue. They are such sweet neighbors to let us enjoy their pool.


I think that about covers it. The weekend was fun! It all leads up to the fun planned for next weekend! We really look forward to seeing our family for the fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment