Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pool Time



This weekend brought a few fun things. One - Justin and I got a much needed date night on Friday thanks to Grandma (Justin's mom). She came up and spent the night. Justin and I went to Tsunami at the recommendation of a friend from work. May I say that it was excellent. We had a fabulous time. Conincidentally, our date night happened to be the same night 11 years ago that we had our first date. Eleven years - I can hardly remember a time without Justin. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband! This also marked the first time that either me or Justin was with Jackson when he was put to bed. I survived! I have to take baby steps to let go of the control freak that resides within me! Jackson had a wonderful time visiting with Grandma.

Today, thanks to our neighbors Tim and Sue, Jackson had his first experience in a real pool. He was hesitant at first, but after a few minutes of holding him in a little bit of water,I was able to put him in the float that we were given (courtesy of Aunt Leslie). He thoroughly enjoyed it. He was actually kicking his feet to get around between me and Justin. It was precious. It also wore him out and he took an excellent afternoon nap.

A couple of other things to note - Jackson can feed himself bottles now. It is so exciting and so sad at the same time. He doesn't quite get that he needs to tip it back when it gets low, but he is pretty good at it. It certainly makes life a little easier. He also has another tooth on top - so we are up to five teeth!



He was just perfect all weekend! We are so blessed with THE BEST baby ever. Attached are a few pictures of our weekend.

Also, I forgot to mention our fun a few weekends ago. We had our first play date over at the Haines' house. They have twins that are just precious - about a year older than Jackson. I feel the need to give them the credit they are due. We had a wonderful dinner and visit with them. The kids were all so great together. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera for our visit, so I didn't capture any pictures from the visit.










2 comments:

  1. The new picture is absolutely awesome!!!He is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time too! (And I keep kicking myself for forgetting to take some pics...)

    ReplyDelete